We are happy to announce the release of Timing 2019.1!
The new version includes:
- Undo Support: You can now revert almost any edit you make in the Timing main app (e.g. edit project or task, move project, delete project, task or app usage, etc.).
- Drag-and-drop of multiple projects or filters at once to re-order them.
- ⌘⌫ hotkey to delete the currently selected activities.
- And several more usability improvements:
- An “Order Sub-Projects Alphabetically” context menu option when right-/ctrl-clicking a project.
- Per-project grouping. The project list on the Overview screen and the Details screen will now show the full project hierarchy instead of listing sub-projects on the same level as their parent projects. The “App Usage” mode on the Details screen is now also grouped per app.
- Group by reports “top-level project” or “second-level project”.
For example, if you have a project called “Project A” as a sub-project of “Client X”, “Client X” would be the top-level project and “Project A” the second-level project.
This should make it easier to generate reports spanning multiple sub-projects. (Requires Timing Expert.)
- Option (⌥)-click task suggestions to immediately “accept” them. This timeline feature also works for calendar entries.
- Edit the current task right from the Timing menu item. If no task is running, you can edit the most recent task instead.
Timing should automatically offer to install this update within the next 24 hours. If it doesn’t, you can download and install the update now.
Since Timing 2.0, all purchases of Timing come with exactly 12 months of free updates, so if you purchased Timing on or after May 1st, 2018, Timing 2019.1 is a free update. Otherwise, you can purchase an extension to your update period by clicking “Extend Update Period…” in the “Timing” menu.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback, feel free to contact us.